Kyle brings more than a decade of experience practicing Canadian taxation and specializes in providing tax advisory services to a broad client base. Before joining the McGovern Hurley Tax Group, Kyle served as the Director of Taxation for a global mid-tier mining company with a focus in the base metals sector. Previously, Kyle spent his entire career with international firms in Toronto and Vancouver where he practiced Canadian corporate, international and mining taxation.
Kyle has a passion for helping clients navigate the complexity of taxation, and provides value added advice that advocates a proactive approach to managing tax related matters. Kyle has been involved with the development and delivery of Canadian domestic and mining taxation training to various stakeholders in the mining industry.
Kyle enjoys acting as a mentor to aspiring Chartered Professional Accountants within the taxation field and in his spare time is an avid observer of local Toronto sports teams.
Areas of Practice
- Integrated Tax Planning
- Corporate and Partnership Structuring
- Canadian federal and provincial mining taxation
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Tax Disputes and Advocacy
- Transaction Advisory Service and Due Diligence
- Cross-border taxation
Accreditations and Education
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant – CPA – 2010
- Canadian In-Depth Taxation Course – 2013
- Canadian International In-Depth Taxation Course – 2015
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics), University of Alberta – 2006