Martin has been with McGovern Hurley since 1984 and became a partner four short years later. He loves the dynamic environment of working with clients and working on a variety of daily tasks. Whether dealing with global companies, mid-sized operations, start-ups or non-profits.
Martin volunteered for several committees of the North York General Hospital Foundation and Ontario Securities Commission. Martin was also on the board and served as President of the Donalda Club. At present, he is a director of St. Clare Inn, a transitional housing program for homeless women with mental health issues.
For many years Martin volunteered as a hockey coach and loves playing golf, hockey, curling and squash.
Areas of Practice
- Financial Statement Audits, Reviews, and Compilations
- Integrated Tax Planning
- Corporate and Personal Tax Returns
- Trust and Partnership Returns
- Transaction Advisory Service
- Family Enterprise Advisory
Accreditations and Education
- Certified Financial Planner – 1999
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant – CPA Ontario – 1987
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Toronto – 1984