John leads the Tax Advisory Group of the firm. John brings more than a decade of experience in practicing exclusively in tax. John provides tax advisory services to both private and publicly listed entities. Before joining the McGovern Hurley Tax Advisory Group, John specialized in a tax specific role in a medium-sized firm in Toronto followed by a move to a National firm in Toronto where he exclusively practiced real estate tax for half a decade.
John is one of the preferred advisors to Invest in Ontario and Toronto Global, an agency that promotes international investment in the city. He loves speaking engagements on various tax topics including discussing the impact and taxation on income splitting and tax implications of selling and buying a business. John has been a facilitator for the Chartered Professional Accountants in-depth tax program since 2014.
John loves playing the game of cricket. Apart from his passion for tax and cricket, John loves spending time with his family.
Areas of Practice
- Integrated Tax Planning
- Corporate and Partnership Structuring
- Estate and Trust Planning
- Tax Disputes and Advocacy
- Transaction Advisory Service and Due Diligence
- Family Enterprise Advisory
Accreditations and Education
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant – CPA Ontario – 2009
- Bachelor of Administrative Studies, York University – 2006