Kelly joined McGovern Hurley as a partner in 2021 with over 20 years of experience including four years as an investigator for CPA Ontario. She is responsible for the firm’s system of quality control and professional standards.
Previously, Kelly was with CPA Canada where she was the Director of the Accounting Standards Board, and previously an Associate Partner in EY’s National Accounting and Assurance group.
With a focus on improving the quality of information reported by Canadian entities, Kelly was involved in leading the Accounting Standards group in developing new reporting standards and reviewing existing standards in collaboration with external stakeholders and volunteers.
She is currently a Board Member and on the Finance Committee for the Canadian Music Therapy Fund.
Areas of Practice
- Quality Management
- Accounting and Audit Standards
- Process Improvement and Project Management
Accreditations and Education
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant – CPA Ontario – 1998
- Masters, Accounting – University of Waterloo – 1997
- Bachelor of Arts, Chartered Accountancy Studies – University of Waterloo – 1997